Office 365 application comprises multiple useful tools that help users to manage their daily office-related tasks in an easier way. However, many users have reported that they are getting some issues while trying to login into their accounts. this generally occurs when you enter incorrect login credentials or your account has been expired. If you are facing this error and need some quick solution then read this article till the end.
What causes Login Issues in Office 365?
If you are unable to login to your office 365 software then it can be because of various possible reasons. Below is the list of some of the causes that can lead to this error. you must have a look at this to know more about this issue and how you can troubleshoot it.
- If you are using an expired version of the software then you are likely to encounter this error.
- If your account is disabled because of some reason then you might face issues while logging into the office 365 tool.
- You might encounter this error If your account is blocked because of multiple fail login attempts.
- Incorrect login Credentials can cause this error.
- you might be using the temporary login password.
- Because of suspicious activity in your account, your login session might have been blocked for some time.
- If you are a federated user then you might get an issue sometime while logging in.
So these are some of the issues that might lead to an error while logging into office 365. So if you have encountered this error then you need to make sure to fix these issues quickly. If you are unable to troubleshoot this error on your own then you can follow the process we have mentioned. It will help you to resolve the error quickly.
Steps to Troubleshoot Login Issues in Office 365
If you are not able to login into your Office 365 Account, then you will be needed to retrieve your password using the “reset the password” link. You will be needed to enter your registered email address and answer the security question to get the password reset link. After that, you can reset the password to gain access to your account.
- Close all the other applications and open the office 365 app.
- After that, open the office 365 admin center by clicking on the Admin option.
- Now from the opened window, click on Users and then choose “Active Users” from the list of options.
- Now, the list of the accounts will be displayed on the screen. Select the account your wish to recover and then click on the Key icon on that particular account.
- After that, choose the “Auto-Generate Password” option and then click on the “Reset Now” button.
- Now you need to mark the checkbox that says “Sent password to email” and then provide your email address.
- Make sure to add an alternate email address too and then click on “Send”.
- Now close this window and then open your email account to check if you have received the link to reset the password of your Office 365 account.
Once you have received the email, you need to click on the password reset link and then it will redirect you to a new page. After that, it will ask you to enter a new password for your office 365 account. Now follow the instructions as prompted on the screen to complete the password reset process once you are done resetting the password, Open your Office 365 app, and try logging into your account with the new password to check if the error has been resolved or not. If the error still persists then it might need some advanced troubleshooting solution. You can contact the experts at MS Office to get this issue resolved. they are well-trained and qualified to help you with an effective solution.
Hence, if you are getting an error while trying to login to your Office 365 account then you can use this method to retrieve the password of your account. However, while setting up the new password for your new account, Make sure to create a complex password to keep it secure from intruders. there are some other features that can help you to prevent unauthorized access like Security questions or multi-factor authentication. If you have recently updated the Outlook application or Windows of your device, and you are not able to find the search bar in outlook then it might be because of some changes in the settings of the software. you can fix this issue manually by enabling the search bar in outlook.